Thursday, July 16, 2009

An open letter to a Pontiac dealer...

The time has come to reach out to those around us who somehow make our lives more bearable. Our world poses challenges unheard of before. Every person we come in contact with is struggling with either a financial, health, interpersonal, or professional burden of some magnitude. We owe it to those who rise above it all and provide support to us. This is my start:

July 16, 2009

Mr. Carl E. Fischer
Carl’s Buick Pontiac GMC
2445 SE Federal Highway
Stuart, FL 34994

Re: A very singular occurrence

Mr. Fischer,

Nine. Nine Pontiacs have been part of my life over the past 60+ years, along with a number of Oldsmobiles (3), Chevrolets (2), Volvos (3), an Austin Healey 3000, and assorted Plymouths and Fords. One simply cannot own that many vehicles without logging a wealth of encounters with auto dealers on a variety of levels. Add to that several years spent selling and managing property & casualty insurance programs for auto dealers, and one could categorize me as an expert in auto dealer customer relations.

That knowledge and understanding has been thrown out the window. Whether you represent a “new breed” or a very “old breed” of auto dealer, my experience as a customer of Carl’s Buick Pontiac GMC over the past 1 ½ years can only be described as a very singular occurrence. Unlike any other auto dealer I have met, your entire team has shown me levels of professionalism, efficiency, empathy, and respect that were not anticipated.

There are now two places that I actually look forward to visiting: my barbershop and your automobile dealership. We all know that these are incredibly difficult times. Everyone is carrying personal and professional burdens that are immeasurable. Somehow, your staff has found a way to not only move above those challenges but to also assist me in achieving a similar result.

I would like to recognize Bob Lloyd today in particular. Bob’s integrity is an enormous value to your organization. I trust Bob with the care of my remaining two Pontiacs (an ‘06 Solstice and my G8 GXP). Actually, after shopping across the country for a GXP, my decision to buy from you was made on the basis of my anticipated experience with your Service Department and more specifically with Bob.

Mr. Fischer, the joy of auto ownership has been restored by the quality of the product and the support of your staff. It’s an awesome experience! I am deeply grateful.

Sincerely,

No comments:

Post a Comment